Stella Iris

Originally sent as an email to The Wild Hunt 25 March 2018 -- posted here with permission 20 April 2018 

I am writing to formally request either a retraction or extensive corrections on this article. 

This article is not representative of my testimony or my experiences in any way. I made many specific and verifiable statements, in writing and during my video interview, and none of them are mentioned here. I told Terence in our video interview that I had emails and chat history and that I knew of witnesses to various instances of abuse, and neither you nor he requested to see them or contact them. 

I never received any follow up questions. I never heard anything about any of my statements being verified nor denied by other parties. If you sought out verification, you didn’t publish that you did, or whatever the result. 

I am not sure what “objective reporting” means to you or your organization. 

I did not contribute to this story in order to see my name in the newspaper. As I said to Terence in the interview, I was hurt by this woman; I saw the interview as a chance to warn others from being hurt. Especially after years of defending her, it falls on me to keep others from harm. That was my only motivation. 

Your article lends legitimacy to the idea that these accusations are groundless. It is excellent ammunition for Ms. Matthews to use in defending herself. If you didn’t believe what I said, why did you choose to report this story? As you must be able to see in your own comments section, there would have been plenty of voices to corroborate mine. You didn’t care to ask. 

Since this story came out, I have been called petty, foolish, and overdramatizing. I can only assume that’s what you believe. Please understand, I am writing to you directly rather than trying to court public favor.  I don’t want to be a topic of conversation.  I have included witnesses that I respect because I do not trust you to treat my words as though they have any weight. 

Since participating in this story, my trauma-related IBS and insomnia has returned, and my girlfriend has been threatened with doxxing. You have made the worst experience of my life worse. 

Either print my actual account, or take my name out of your story.