Zafira Alexander

Posted as a comment to The Wild Hunt 23 March 2018

As a member who left this community after being emotionally abused by Rabbit and other core members at the time, it saddens me to see the victim-shaming that is occurring in the comments.

There is a collective gaslighting presently happening to the survivors as well. These are OUR EXPERIENCES. We know because we lived through it.

This isn’t a spectrum either. Abuse is Abuse. Emotional, Financial, Sexual... no mattter the ‘amount’ someone has suffered. Abuse is Abuse.

I discovered the Amazon Priestess Tribe in 2008. I left in 2011. I left because I saw the path of Coven to Cult forming. My experience. Judge me if you want or sit down with me and listen. Hear me with an open heart. I do not speak up out of malice for Rabbit. I speak up with compassion and unconditional love for those who have suffered through the abuse they experienced.

I have learned a long time ago to stop trying to get an apology out of someone who does not see their behavior as toxic or abusive. Expecting any sort of accountability from the abusive party is very much akin to getting nowhere on a treadmill. And those who staunchly defend Rabbit now may or may not come to see with their own eyes the truth of those who have dared to speak up and out about the abuse they have experienced.

I was given an opportunity to interview with someone about my experiences. It was an unrealistic expectation (and highly insensitive) to accommodate their inquiries within a short time frame. Some stories take time to tell. The ‘journalism’ surrounding the abusive experiences of the members (former and present) of CAYA seems biased at best.

However this proceeds and ends, those of us who have suffered know the truth. Your victim-shaming and gaslighting has no sway over us.